Improving the performance of your staff
While managing the performance and personal development of employees is a continuous process, certain scenarios can require an intervention. Underperforming staff members can place additional strain on their teammates, in some cases lowering the output of the entire workforce as their colleagues endeavour to pick up the slack.
Managing poor performance is undoubtedly one of the most challenging parts of any manager’s role, but it’s important to address the issue quickly. If a situation is left unattended, working relationships can quickly deteriorate, and the resulting disruption can ripple across the business.
Would you like a free call back from an expert?
By submitting this form you are providing us with your personal information. We take great care to look after your personal data safely and securely. You can read full details in our Privacy Information
Enquire now on 0203 667 5400
Our experts are waiting to talk with you and our aim is to respond to all enquiries within 2 hours.
How Loch HR can help
Loch HR’s experienced HR Consultants will work with you to identify the underlying causes of poor performance – be they work-related or personal – and formulate an approach to help manage the situation effectively. Common problems we can help to address include:
- Motivation – the attitude of the employee and their personal investment in the success of the organisation
- Focus and concentration – an employee with low levels of behavioural discipline may be easily distracted from focusing on their tasks
- Interpersonal issues – conflict with team members or management
- Capability – an employee may not have the tools, resources and training necessary to work effectively
- Health related issues – both physical and mental
- Personal circumstances – problems with the employee’s home life, family, finances or relationships may be affecting work performance
- Unsuitability – team reorganisation, re-hiring, or further training for individuals inadequately prepared for a new role
- Communication – between both management and employees
- Excessive workload – may lead to an employee feeling overwhelmed
Through a combination of interviews, HR policies, procedures, coaching and training, Loch HR can help you navigate the various challenges of poor performance. With a confident and clearly defined approach, we’ll help to ensure that the process is constructive, respectful and ultimately successful.
Improving performance at team level
Sometimes, it may be the case that an entire team is underperforming, causing the business itself to miss targets and deadlines or to overrun on projects. If you would like to improve your team’s performance, Loch HR can help you by providing:
- Coaching for managers to help incentivise staff
- Coaching for managers to identify problems and facilitate early interventions
- Psychometric testing services to help understand and improve team dynamics
If there are conflicts in your team then our accredited mediators in Loch Mediation can step in to help resolve them.