Equal pay and wages
Equality and discrimination:
Would you like a free call back from an expert?
By submitting this form you are providing us with your personal information. We take great care to look after your personal data safely and securely. You can read full details in our Privacy Information
Enquire now on 0203 667 5400
Our experts are waiting to talk with you and our aim is to respond to all enquiries within 2 hours.
Our award-winning team
How Loch Law can help
Whatever requirements you may have, our team of expert employment lawyers and dedicated HR specialists will work with you to provide a range of pragmatic solutions relating to pay, including:
- A full financial analysis, identifying and addressing any wage gap between equivalent or equal members of staff;
- Assistance with Gender Pay Gap reporting requirements;
- Preventing and defending against grievances and claims;
- Specialised advice relating to the financial and construction industries;
- Guidance on how to respond to investigations from the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
Beyond leading your organisation through a Gender Pay Gap review, Loch Law can provide assistance on a wide range of issues relating to equal pay. Through ongoing evaluation, monitoring and reporting, we can implement strategies that are in the best interest of both your organisation and employees – making your business a fairer and more attractive place to work.
Pam and her team are always on hand to expertly advise us on any employment law issues we have. The speed of their service levels combined with high-quality advice always exceeds our expectations and as a result, we have been a satisfied client of the firm for over 7 years. I would not hesitate to recommend Loch Law to any business.
I cannot recommend Joe Milner at the Tunbridge Wells office highly enough. He was extremely helpful and reassuring and settled my claim quickly and efficiently. What a delightful chap to do business with.
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help and please let whoever helps you get this out of the door know that I appreciate theirs too!
Thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate the fact that you were able to understand the nature of our company and tailor your advice accordingly. I think that ability is key in defining a good lawyer. Lawyers who cannot deviate from 100% security are of little use.
The expertise of Loch Law made me feel in very safe hands. Caroline was thorough in explaining the legal situation, giving clear advice and was committed to getting me a fair outcome
Thank you so much for your work; it is greatly appreciated. I can’t wait to get this situation resolved! Thank you again. We would be lost without you.
I cannot recommend Joe Milner at the Tunbridge Wells office highly enough. He was extremely helpful and reassuring, and settled my claim quickly and efficiently. What a delightful chap to do business with.
We have been incredibly thankful for having your support over the last few years and our clients have been very impressed with the help they have received from Pam Loch and the rest of the team. We cannot praise you highly enough.
It goes without saying my contacting you at the outset & getting your great advice gave me confidence through this upsetting episode.
The expertise of Loch Law made me feel in very safe hands. Caroline was thorough at explaining the legal situation, giving clear advice and was committed to getting me a fair outcome.
The speed of their service levels combined with high quality advice always exceeds our expectations and as a result we have been a satisfied client of the firm for over 7 years. I would not hesitate to recommend Loch Law to any business.
What does ‘equal pay for equal work’ mean?
Under the Equality Act 2010, men and women are entitled to receive equal pay for equal work. Equal work can be:
- Like work, i.e. work which involves similar skills, tasks and responsibilities;
- Equivalent work, i.e. work which is found to be of equal value on analysis;
- Equally valuable work, i.e. work which is not similar or equivalent, but has been found to be of equal value in terms of output and techniques used
“Equal pay” refers to the entire pay and benefits package. Beyond basic pay, this may include:
- Access to pensions schemes and any associated benefits;
- Bonuses and performance-dependent benefits;
- Hours of work, holiday allowance and breaks;
- Perks such as company cars, health insurance and gym memberships;
- Severance and redundancy pay.