The Benefits of Becoming a Retained Client
Have you spent valuable hours trying to resolve tricky HR, Legal and Employee Wellbeing issues? If you’d prefer to spend this time doing what you’re good at – growing your business – our retainer model might be the perfect fit for you.
As one of our retained clients…
You have dedicated HR Consultants, who get to know your business inside out, proactively supporting, guiding and advising you. Through them you can:
- Access commercial and bespoke HR solutions. and legal solution. Our experts know when to be your conscience, provide logic and rationale when you are facing emotional decisions
- Seek legal advice from our team of dedicated employment and commercial lawyers (at a discounted price!)
- Receive a free HR Health Check to help you see where the gaps are and create the right plan for your business
- All our retainer packages are based on a monthly cost over a one-year contract with us, however we can offer more flexible options or short term contracts if that suits you better
- The retainer packages are based on a fixed monthly fee which will allow you to manage finances and budgets your end but have the flexibility to buy in other services when you need them
- You can pick a package which suits your needs now and move onto another arrangement at any time. The cost of each package is based on the size of your business
- You can access at least four webinars a year from our employment law solicitors, keeping you up to date on what you need to know
- You’ll receive a quarterly newsletter providing employment law updates, expert advice and case studies with topical commentary across all areas of HR and wellbeing
From £120 plus VAT
From £150 plus VAT
From £300 plus VAT
From £350 plus VAT
|Telephone and email advice on everyday HR queries||x||x||x||x|
|Employment Tribunal Insurance||x||x||x|
|Key essential documents such as:
New starter forms
Company property forms
|Employee appraisal / review process||x||x||x||x|
|Ad hoc employee letters including basic amendment to terms letter||x||x||x||x|
|Onsite visits to attend employee meetings||x||x|
|Scripts and letters for ER matters||x||x|
|Grievance and disciplinary support and case management||x||x|
|Redundancies and restructure support||x||x|
|Some ad hoc project work as agreed||x||x|
|Additional handbook policies||x||x|
|Employee absence management||x||x|
|Additional support as agreed||x|
Anything activity not covered in the table above can be carried out and charged in addition at our hourly rate.
We also offer a Platinum Package, starting from £500 plus VAT per month, which is a complete bespoke package combining all of the above plus access to additional services at discounted prices.
We provide an extensive range of services across the Group, which you have special access to. Our HR Consultants will discuss the cost of these services with you, but you benefit from discounted fees for them. On some occasions, these may be able to be offered as part of the Gold or Gold + packages.
- Legal advice and solutions from our employment law solicitors
- Commercial contracts and/or shareholder agreements
- Regular onsite HR presence
- Payroll support
- Employee engagement surveys
- Recruitment support
- HR Medical Specialist support to help manage employee absences
- Leadership and management training
- HR software implementation and support
- Screening services
Supporting stand alone HR professionals
Being an HR professional is often a unique and sometimes lonely experience in an organisation. You are the gatekeeper of policy, culture and standards and often drawn into operational matters with little time to be the Business Partner you want to be. Rarely working in a team of your own but part of every team and being drawn on to be the expert.
As a team of HR Consultants and Employment Law Solicitors we recognise this feeling and know that you need a sounding board. We can be that for you. We offer a telephone and email service for you to access with dedicated HR Consultants to communicate with. Our aim is to provide you with the confidence to deliver the right outcome for your team in the trickiest of situations – without the need to recruit senior resource into your business at a high cost. A retained service with HR Advise Me can provide this service, taking away the concerns about how much each call will cost and helping you to budget better. It includes the support you need from the experts who can help you.
The best way to describe how we can help is through some examples of how we work with our clients. Naturally, these examples below are not exhaustive but they give some indication of areas where we can support you.
Supporting and guiding through tricky grievances and disciplinaries
Within your teams, a disciplinary or grievance is hopefully not something you see every day and therefore when it comes up it can come as a surprise and can often be an upsetting time. You know your team and work with them closely and knowing that someone is unhappy can be awkward for you with your loyalties split between doing the best for the business and the best for the people in it. We can help you take the emotion out of this situation and talk about the best way to come to a solution that fits. We work in collaboration with our legal team which means that you don’t have to deal directly with other lawyers making things more efficient and cost effective for you.
We can support you as much or as little as you need from just a simple call to sense check what you propose to do, providing checklists and scripts or questions, through to attending meetings or carry out investigations. We can also provide an extra level of HR support if you need it for appeals procedures. All the way we have access to our team of Employment Law Solicitors making sure that any risks are assessed and mitigated.
Knowing what your options are around exiting employees in an efficient manner is something which we find our clients like to talk through with us. Can you avoid a lengthy performance management process? When are you able to have a without prejudice conversation? How can you make a quick decision to protect the business?
We can work through these options with you and help you come to a commercial decision which allows both the individual and the business to move on in a positive manner. Again, our legal team are on hand to support with legal documentation and strategy when needed.