We are a group of companies delivering commercially focused employment and business law advice and solutions, HR support, wellbeing and training, mediation and dispute resolution services to a variety of clients. The exciting part is, it doesn’t stop there as we are constantly developing new products and services to meet our clients’ needs.
Working alongside the Group MD, the Head of Finance will not only have exceptional hands-on experience with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the group of companies. The job holder will take control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the Group’s financial strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Main responsibilities for the role:
- Form a close working relationship with the Group Managing Director, and the Senior Leadership team
- Provide leadership to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function, including managing and implementing financial processes and controls
- Contribute fully to the development of the Group’s strategy across all areas of the Group, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Work with the Group Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
Management of Finance Team
- Ensure that Group’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Manage and supervise the Finance team and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including debt collection, tracking financial data, invoicing, etc.
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
Skills & Qualifications:
- A confident self-starter with a desire to be part of a fast-growing business
- Degree educated
- Ideally a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Be a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Exceptional communicator with determination to complete and deliver
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Passionate about quality and training others to achieve your high standards
This is a part time role we envisage to be between 16 to 20 hours a week ideally worked over a minimum of three days to be worked in the office. The salary is shown as FTE.
In return we can offer you supportive and friendly work colleagues at our offices based in Tunbridge Wells and Eastbourne. We have regular social events, a ‘dress for your diary’ dress code and an office dog ‘Ellie’. The whole team are encouraged to look for new business opportunities and improvements in processes as well as supporting each other. We have a Group Life Insurance, a Health Cash Back Plan scheme, Employee Assistance programme, and Private Health Insurance. Great contributions are rewarded with our bonus scheme as well as our quarterly ‘Above and Beyond award’ where we ask our employees to nominate their colleagues to be recognised for their achievement.
Base Salary: £80,000 to £85,000 per year
Supplemental pay types: Bonus scheme
Work Location: In person
If this sounds like the type of work environment that motivates you, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email [email protected]