About Loch Associates group
We are not your traditional law firm, we deliver a whole lot more than just legal advice.
We are a group of companies delivering commercially focused legal advice and solutions, HR support, wellbeing and training, mediation and dispute resolution services to a variety of clients. The exciting part is, it doesn’t stop there as we are constantly developing new products and services to meet our clients’ needs.
We have ambitious plans to grow and the right person can benefit from being part of a high performing team within a growing business.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team.
Joining a dynamic business, you will play a key role in completing transactional finance operations to include Accounts Payable, our billing process (Accounts Receivable) and credit control. In addition, you would support our Directors assisting in the production of monthly management information. You will be a proactive individual who is keen to identify efficiencies and ensure processes are followed.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone with some basic accounts experience whether that be from a previous role or though your studies and with a willingness and eagerness to learn. We also need someone can also roll up their sleeves and get involved in day to day admin duties around the office.
What will you be doing on a daily basis?
- Checking the Accounts inbox responding to all queries within 24 hours.
- Acting as first point of contact for any Accounts incoming telephone calls.
- Completing the cycle of reporting on Work-in-Progress (WIP), generating Billing Guides for Lawyers and HR Consultants, raising invoices and time breakdowns.
- Handling all aspects of Credit Control including debt chasing and sending statements ensuring that processes are adhered to.
- Posting transactions to the Accounting databases to accurately maintain the Sales and Purchase Ledger and organising payment runs for authorisation.
- Processing inter-company transfers for apportioning time and cost across the Group businesses.
- Completing Bank Reconciliations on a daily basis
- Providing reports on debtor days.
- Setting up new clients/suppliers.
- Providing information for monthly financial reports for management.
- Answering phone calls into the office and dealing with client enquiries.
- Providing general admin support to the Lawyers and HR Consultants.
How we work together
Our values play a fundamental role in defining how we work together. We are a close knit team of just under 30 in total, we respect that everyone brings something different to the table and therefore everyone has a voice which is listened to. We are constantly trying to be better at everything we do, and we strive for a culture of continuous improvement. In practice, this means that everyone in the business regardless of their role can really make a difference to how we operate and grow.
A number of the team work flexibly, either on a reduced hours basis or with some home working. However, we regularly ensure that the whole team get together for business and performance updates so our teams feel personally invested in the group and its growth.
On a day to day basis, we give people the flexibility to perform their role with the support of their manager and a close knit team of colleagues if they need a helping hand. This means that we normally have the following in place:
- Daily check-ins with managers to discuss workload and priorities.
- Weekly team meetings to review workload and move work around if people are feeling too busy or have projects coming up and need extra support. We also monthly team meetings to discuss and plan any non-client work which might be marketing initiatives or getting to grips with a new finance system.
- Monthly 121 meetings. These meetings give our team a chance to discuss their personal performance and development with their manager. It’s an opportunity to receive and provide constructive feedback to ensure that our colleagues are getting the most out of their role.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is:
- Ability to multitask and respond to changing needs in a fast paced environment.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Experience in a similar role or some basic finance experience through studies.
- Good knowledge of Word/Excel and PowerPoint with an understanding of Mail Merge and using Excel formulas.
- Able to take on board information quickly and efficiently.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects, competing demands and stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal).
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary depending upon experience in addition to:
- A workplace pension.
- Private medical insurance.
- A health cashback plan which also covers dependent children under the age of 18.
- Group Life Insurance.
- A discretionary performance related bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday (full time) per year, plus Bank Holidays in England.
- Your birthday off work
You must be able to evidence your right to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply, email us at [email protected]
Read our Candidate Privacy Notice.