OUR PRICING FOR DEBT RECOVERY FOR BUSINESSES
In accordance with the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority Transparency Rules
At Loch Dispute Resolution, we work with our clients to implement and manage cash collection processes with the aim to avoid commencing proceedings to recover your business’ revenue. However, despite having processes in place, it is sometimes necessary for proceedings to be commenced to recover debt owed to your business.
Our award winning team of solicitors has individuals with significant expertise in dispute resolution including recovery of debt. We will always provide you with a realistic assessment of the claim early on, as well as providing advice and guidance. The costs of bringing a claim can vary, and we have outlined our fees, and the process to help you, below.
Estimated Fees and Disbursements
With potential debt recovery claims our solicitors are usually able to achieve a favourable outcome for our clients, via a settlement or other means before you need to consider court claims and therefore our fees to achieve that outcome would be lower than set out below.
Where we are managing and advising in relation to debt recovery claims in a full hearing where a court delivers a judgement, we estimate the following fees for the various elements involved:
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is disputed but enforcement action is not needed. The fees set out below can be discussed and will be dependent on the complexity of your claim, the amount of documentation, and any necessary interim applications if applicable. We always work to recover the debt in the most cost effective way possible.
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)|
|Up to £300||£35||Between £2,000 and £5,000 plus VAT|
|£300.01 to £500||£50|
|£500.01 to £1,000||£70|
|£1,000.01 to £1,500||£80|
|£1,500 to £3,000||£115|
|£3,000.01 to £5,000||£205|
|£5,000.01 to £10,000||£455|
|£10,000.01 to £200,000||5% of the value of the claim||£5,000 to £15,000 plus VAT|
|More than £200,000.01||£10,000|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- There are numerous factors that could make a claim more complex, which include:
- If it is necessary to make applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
- Making additional claims or applications, e.g. a costs application
- The number of witnesses and documents and any related special requirements
- The way the opponent conducts the litigation e.g. a difficult, vexatious, unreasonable or unusual approach to litigation is adopted
- A high level legal of support is required by our client
- Particularly lengthy proceedings occur
- New evidence arises during litigation which requires action and consideration
- The early instruction of a barrister or “counsel” is necessary or required
- Expert witness evidence is required
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment
- Where the claim is defended, running your claim and attending the final hearing
- If payment is not received within the required amount of days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 2 to 6 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
We charge our fees at an hourly rate. The fee for our solicitors to carry out work on your behalf would be between £185 to £350 plus VAT per hour depending on their experience. Time spent by paralegals will be charged at £125 plus VAT per hour. Fees will usually be invoiced on a monthly basis.
Disbursements are additional costs related to the claim payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Disbursements will be charged in addition to our fees.
Experience and qualifications of teams/individuals who will carry out the work
Our team of solicitors include experts in debt recovery and they will provide practical solutions to resolve your debt recovery issues.
We have eight members of the team, solicitors, solicitor advocate and a paralegal, some of whom may work on your claim and their details can be found here. Regardless of who works on your claim, they will be supervised by Pam Loch, Managing Director.